Boost your shower routine, scrub away the day and reveal glowing skin with this easy DIY green tea sugar scrub recipe. Made with natural ingredients like coconut oil and shea butter, this easy sugar scrub smells amazing and will leave your skin smooth and glowing.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
DIY Green Tea Sugar Scrub
I’m so excited to share this homemade sugar scrub recipe with you. Homemade body scrubs are my thing. I love creating new body exfoliator recipes and playing with different scents and ingredients.
This natural DIY green tea sugar scrub is exfoliating, detoxifying, and nourishing at the same time. Hydrating coconut oil and shea butter provide moisturization, while peppermint essential oil has soothing and cooling abilities that freshen the skin. Don’t forget the green tea – the best detoxifying ingredient I’ve ever tried.
Not only is this body exfoliator made with 5 simple and all-natural ingredients, but this recipe for homemade sugar scrub is ready in 5 minutes.
Green Tea Sugar Scrub Benefits
Want to know about some green tea sugar scrub benefits? This body scrub gently exfoliates your skin and removes dead skin cells while also being very moisturizing.
The health benefits (LINK) of green tea are remarkable, but there are even amazing benefits for your skin.
This DIY green tea sugar scrub soothes and protects the skin and also detoxifies your body. Green tea is chock full of vitamin B2 and vitamin E, both essential for skin health. Green tea’s anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce skin irritation, skin redness, and swelling. Applying green tea to your skin can soothe minor cuts and sunburn, too. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Green Tea Sugar Scrub Materials
This green tea sugar scrub recipe is one of my favorite homemade beauty recipes. Here are the DIY green tea sugar scrub ingredients:
granulated sugar – Almost any type of sugar can be used for this body scrub. Since my skin is delicate, I prefer regular granulated sugar.
coconut oil and shea butter – I decided to make a body scrub recipe with coconut oil and shea butter. The scrub will be slightly harder but just as effective. You can also add an emulsifier like Olivem, to make the scrub feel softer on the skin and wash off easily.
peppermint essential oil – peppermint essential oil has hydrating properties and is a good addition to moisturize dry skin during colder months.
How to make green tea scrub
Ready to try my DIY green tea sugar scrub recipe? Let’s do it! It’s just 5 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps! Here is how to make your own green tea exfoliating scrub:
1. Mix the dry ingredients, adding the green tea powder to the sugar and stirring until well blended.
2. Melt the shea butter and Olivem (if using). Put the shea butter and Oliver 1000 in a heat-proof measuring cup and melt in a warm water bath until liquid.
3. Mix the oil base. Add the coconut oil and peppermint essential oil. Mix until well combined.
4. Make the sugar scrub. Fill the sugar mixture into a large bowl. Pour the oil base over the sugar and whisk until well combined.
5. Package your green tea sugar scrub. Transfer your DIY sugar scrub into an airtight jar or storage container.
How to use a green tea sugar scrub
The green tea sugar scrub is perfect for exfoliating and will leave you with smooth skin. This easy homemade sugar scrub recipe will keep your skin radiant and glowing! The easiest way to use this green tea sugar scrub is in the shower. Just wet your skin with warm water and massage small amounts of the scrub on your skin. Rinse off with plenty of water. You can use the scrub on your entire body but the face.
How to store DIY green tea sugar scrub
Store your DIY green tea sugar scrub in an airtight container, e.g., a cosmetic jar. Keep the jar or container closed to prevent the body scrub from drying out.
The green tea body scrub will expire when the oils do, so check the life of your oils for the expiration date. If made with fresh ingredients, this homemade green tea sugar scrub recipe has a shelf life of 9 months.
More DIY green tea beauty recipes
Green tea-inspired beauty products are wonderful for caring for your skin throughout the cold season.
- 2 Tbsp Green Tea Leaves
- 70 g Coconut Oil
- 200 g Sugar
- 10 drops of Peppermint essential oil
- 2 Tbsp Shea Butter
- Mix the dry ingredients, adding the green tea powder to the sugar and stirring until well blended.
- Melt the shea butter and Olivem (if using). Put the shea butter and Oliver 1000 in a heat-proof measuring cup and melt in a warm water bath until liquid.
- Mix the oil base. Add the coconut oil and peppermint essential oil. Mix until well combined.
- Make the sugar scrub. Fill the sugar mixture into a large bowl. Pour the oil base over the sugar and whisk until well combined.
- Package your green tea sugar scrub. Transfer your DIY sugar scrub into an airtight jar or storage container.