Get ready to indulge in a luxurious and rejuvenating experience with this natural DIY Pumpkin Spice Bath Salt recipe. As the leaves change color and a crispness fills the air, there’s no better time to treat yourself to a cozy and comforting natural bath soak that will leave you feeling pampered and relaxed.
If you like my beauty recipes, join my Facebook group 🎉 This is the best place for broader DIY beauty stuff, behind-the-scenes, what I’m working on in real-time, and more!
💡 Do you dream of a perfect skincare routine (and products) but feel it’s impossible since your budget is limited? Grab the recipes I’m using to craft 100% natural DIY beauty products that give top beauty brands a run for their money! ❤️ HOMEMADE BEAUTY MADE SIMPLE ❤️
Crafted with love and infused with the warm and aromatic notes of pumpkin spice, these natural bath salts are the perfect way to unwind after a long day. This easy and relaxing homemade fall bath salts recipe smells like pumpkin spice and is ready in 5 minutes. This natural herbal bath salt with essential oils will leave your skin feeling soft and moisturized and is great for sore muscles, detox, relaxation, and stress relief.
So go ahead and take some time for yourself. Treat your senses to the ultimate relaxation experience with this delightful Pumpkin Spice Bath Salt recipe. It’s a spa-like treat that you deserve.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
Benefits of using bath salts
This DIY pumpkin spice bath salts recipe can be made in less than 5 minutes, and even if you’re not a regular beauty crafter, I’m sure you already have all of the ingredients in your pantry.
Bath salts have been cherished for centuries for their therapeutic properties. When dissolved in warm water, these mineral-rich salts can provide a wide range of benefits for your body and mind.
Firstly, bath salts help to relax your muscles and relieve tension. The warm water and the salts soothe aching muscles, making them perfect for unwinding and relieving stress.
Secondly, bath salts can help to detoxify your body. The minerals in bath salts, such as magnesium and potassium, can penetrate your skin and draw out impurities, leaving you feeling refreshed and revitalized.
Lastly, bath salts can promote better sleep. The combination of warm water, soothing scents, and relaxing bath salts can help calm your mind and prepare you for a restful night’s sleep.
Ingredients for the homemade pumpkin spice bath salt recipe
There’s something undeniably captivating about the scent and flavor of pumpkin spice. As soon as autumn arrives, there’s a pumpkin spice latte or a pumpkin spice-scented candle everywhere you turn. But why is pumpkin spice so popular?
Pumpkin spice blends warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. These spices not only create a comforting and nostalgic aroma, but they also have their unique health benefits.
Cinnamon, for example, is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and can help regulate blood sugar levels. Nutmeg has been used in traditional medicine for its calming and analgesic effects. Ginger is known for its digestive benefits and can help soothe an upset stomach. And cloves are rich in antioxidants and have antimicrobial properties.
So when you combine these spices, you get a fragrant and refreshing blend that smells amazing and offers potential health benefits.
All you need is 7 ingredients to make pumpkin spice bath salts at home. Here’s a breakdown of the natural bath salt ingredients and their skincare benefits:
Himalayan salt (you can also use dead sea salt)
Himalayan salts are a popular ingredient in store-bought and homemade salt scrubs for their cleansing, detoxifying, and skin-exfoliating properties.
Himalayan salts contain many trace minerals such as calcium, magnesium, zinc, chloride, and potassium. Magnesium and iron oxides give pink salts striking pink or reddish tones.
I used pink Himalayan salt for this DIY pumpkin spice bath salt recipe, which can also be subbed for dead sea salt. While this is a bath salt recipe without Epsom salt, you can also prepare the recipe with Epsom salt to enjoy a bath salt with Epsom salt.
Calendula flowers (optional)
I’ve added around 1/3 cup of dried Calendula flowers for a cool visual appearance. This step is optional. It’s even better to skip it since dried calendula can get lodged in your pipes. On the other hand, flowers and flowering herbs have incredible healing properties. When added to a tub filled with warm water, salts, and essential oils, you can concoct your nighttime ritual that is equally beneficial for your physical and mental well-being.
I made a magnesium bath salt and added magnesium flakes to the blend to ease my PMS cramps. And yes, magnesium bath salts DO work (not only for your PMS or period cramps).
Magnesium is essential for your body as it regulates many bodily reactions.
Magnesium flakes possess many wonderful properties and can work magic when preparing for a good night’s sleep. A natural bath with magnesium flakes might supply your skin with this vital mineral. Magnesium is also said to relax and soothe sore muscles further. These are all good reasons to make magnesium bath salts!
Pumpkin pie spice is perfect for fall cookies, bread, pies, DIY beauty recipes, and so much more!
While store-bought is convenient, it’s nice to make your own blend to save money, make it fresher, and customize the flavor by simply increasing your favorite spices and decreasing ones that aren’t preferred.
Making your own pumpkin pie spice mix costs less than buying a jar at the store. I bet you have all of the spices in your cabinet now: ground cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, ground allspice, and ground cloves. You have to put them together!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 ½ tsp ground allspice
- 1 ½ tsp ground cloves (optional)
- 1 tsp pepper (optional)
To a small bowl, add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, black pepper (optional), and clove (optional) and stir to combine.
Taste test and adjust according to personal preference, adding more cinnamon for sweetness, ginger for spiciness, nutmeg for nuttiness, black pepper for spice, or clove or allspice for pungency.
Store in a sealed container for up to 6 months or in the refrigerator longer.
Jojoba oil is needed as a carrier oil to dilute the essential oils. This anti-inflammatory oil has the added benefit of calming and comforting your skin naturally while you soak in the tub.
Pumpkin spice essential oil blend
The traditional pumpkin spice essential oils are cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and nutmeg, which can irritate your skin if you have sensitive skin. For a lesser chance of skin irritation use copaiba and vanilla oleoresin.
Alternatively, use a pre-made pumpkin spice essential oil blend in your bath salts. I love Plant Therapy’s delicious Pumpkin Pie blend.
At the end of the day, cinnamon is one of the most delicious and healthiest spices on the planet. It can lower blood sugar levels, reduce heart disease risk factors, and has a plethora of other impressive health benefits.
Ginger brings a welcome spiciness and pungency to this homemade seasoning blend.
Nutmeg creates a calm and nutty aroma that pairs perfectly with the sweet flavor of cinnamon.
Cardamom essential oil is one of the gentlest spice oils. It has a really low irritation capacity, and you can use it at higher concentrations than other spice oils, such as cinnamon or clove bud.
Cardamom essential oil adds the “spice” to this pumpkin spice essential oil blend. It also has a warm and robust aroma known to help soothe nausea.
DIY pumpkin spice bath salts
1 cup Himalayan salt
½ cup magnesium flakes
⅓ cup dried calendula flowers (optional)
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 Tbsp jojoba oil
1 tsp gold mica (optional)
3 drops of cinnamon leaf essential oil
2 drops of ginger essential oil
2 drops of nutmeg essential oil
1 drop of cardamom essential oil
How to make pumpkin spice bath salt
1. Gather your ingredients: 1 cup of pink Himalayan salt, 1 Tbsp of pumpkin spice blend, 1/2 cup of magnesium flakes, 1 Tbsp jojoba oil, and essential oils.
2. Combine the Himalayan salt, jojoba oil, pumpkin spice blend, and essential oils in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
3. Stir the magnesium flakes and gold mica powder in a separate bowl.
4. Then Combine the salt, magnesium flakes, and dried calendula flowers (if using).
5. Transfer the mixture into an airtight container or jar. Make sure to choose a moisture-resistant container that can be sealed tightly to preserve the fragrance and properties of the bath salts.
Tips for customizing your pumpkin spice bath soak
While the pumpkin spice bath salt recipe is already delightful on its own, you can always customize it to suit your preferences. Here are a few tips to help you create a truly unique and personalized bath salt experience:
1. Experiment with different essential oils: If you’re not a fan of the traditional pumpkin spice scent, you can use other essential oils that complement the spices. For example, add a few drops of orange essential oil for a citrusy twist or lavender essential oil for a calming and floral aroma.
2. Add dried botanicals: To enhance the visual appeal of your bath salts, consider adding dried botanicals like rose petals, lavender buds, or chamomile flowers. These natural additions will make your bath salts look beautiful and add their subtle scent and soothing properties.
3. Adjust the scent intensity: If you prefer a stronger or milder scent, feel free to adjust the amount of essential oils in the recipe. Start with a few drops and gradually increase or decrease until you achieve the desired aroma.
Remember, the goal is to create bath salts that bring you joy and relaxation, so don’t be afraid to get creative and tailor the recipe to your preferences.
How to use pumpkin spice bath salts for maximum relaxation
To fully enjoy the benefits of your homemade pumpkin spice bath salts, follow these simple tips for a truly relaxing and indulgent bathing experience:
1. Set the mood: Before you start your bath, create a cozy and calming atmosphere in your bathroom. Dim the lights, light a few candles, and play soft music to help you unwind.
2. Prepare your bath: Fill your bathtub with warm water, ensuring that it’s at a comfortable temperature. Add a generous amount of pumpkin spice bath salts as the water fills the tub. Stir the water to dissolve the salts and release the aroma.
3. Soak and relax: Once your bath is ready, step into the tub and relax. Take slow, deep breaths, and let the warm water and fragrant aroma envelop your senses. Close your eyes, clear your mind, and focus on the present moment.
4. Pamper yourself: While you soak, take the time to pamper yourself. Use a loofah or scrub brush to exfoliate your skin gently. You can also use this time to apply a face mask or hair treatment for an extra dose of self-care.
5. Stay hydrated: Keep a glass of water within reach and take sips throughout your bath to prevent dehydration. The warm water can cause you to sweat, so staying hydrated is essential.
6. After your bath: When you’re ready to leave, take your time and slowly rise from the tub. Pat your skin dry with a soft towel, allowing the jojoba oil to moisturize your skin. Take a moment to appreciate how relaxed and rejuvenated you feel.
Other pumpkin spice-inspired bath products to try
How to gift the DIY pumpkin spice bath salts
If you’re looking for a thoughtful and homemade gift idea, consider creating personalized pumpkin spice bath salt jars for your loved ones. Here’s how you can turn your bath salts into a beautiful gift:
1. Find small glass jars with airtight lids. You can choose jars of different shapes and sizes to create a visually appealing gift.
2. Fill each jar with your homemade pumpkin spice bath salts, leaving a little space at the top for decorative elements.
3. Customize the jars with labels or tags. You can write the name of the bath salts, the ingredients, and a personal message for the recipient.
4. Add a decorative touch by tying a ribbon or twine around the jar and attaching a dried botanical, such as a cinnamon stick or a sprig of dried lavender.
5. Create a personalized gift tag with instructions on how to use the bath salts.
6. Place the jars in a gift box or a basket and add some shredded paper or tissue for a finishing touch.
By gifting these homemade pumpkin spice bath salts, you’re not only giving a luxurious and pampering experience but also showing your loved ones that you care about their well-being.